Projects > Automation
Combination structure (center gate plus long crested weirs) under construction in Mexicali Valley 2012.
Since its formation, ITRC staff have been involved in international irrigation projects with private companies, The World Bank, IPTRID, NATO, FAO of the UN, UNDP, and various governments. Examples include:
- International training regarding irrigation project modernization. Such training has been provided to countries such as the Philippines, Mexico, India, Thailand, Kazahkstan, Vietnam, China.
- Development of irrigation project evaluation procedures with the intent of defining modernization needs, and implementation of the procedures in countries such as Mexico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Morocco, Egypt, Tajikistan, Bulgaria, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines, India, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, and China
- Assistance with design and specifications of large farm irrigation projects, such as center pivots for sugar cane in Peru, drip/micro on bananas in Honduras.
- Design and construction implementation assistance for canal modernization projects such as the Mexicali Valley in Mexico.
- Assistance with water balances and questions of irrigation efficiency in a variety of countries such as Chile, Mexico, and Tajikistan
- Training in the US for specialists from over a dozen countries.
ITRC staff also participate with international colleagues in strategy sessions, research, and professional publications.
Canal lining with geomembrane covered with concrete – Mexicali Valley 2012