:: Xianshu Piao ::
Office: BRAE 08A-033C
- Automation Systems
- Canal simulation to optimize various control algorithms for pumps and canal check structures
- Improvement of a wide variety of upstream control, flow control, and downstream control algorithms
- SCADA and HMI systems
- PLC programming, office bench debugging, and field test verification of new and existing automation systems
- Field troubleshooting
- Jilin University of Technology. Changchun, Jilin Province, P.R. China
- Ph.D., Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- M.S., Agricultural Machinery Design and Manufacturing Engineering
- B.S., Computer Engineering Technology
Examples of publications by Dr. Xianshu Piao:
- Burt, C.M. and X. Piao. 2003.
Advances in PLC-Based Irrigation Canal Automation.
Irrigation and Drainage 53: 29-37. Published by
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. (http://www.interscience.wiley.com).
- Burt, C.M. and X. Piao. July
2002. Advances in PLC-Based Canal Automation.
Proceedings of United States Committee on Irrigation
and Drainage (USCID) Conference on Energy, Climate
Environment and Water - Issues and Opportunities for
Irrigation and Drainage, held in San Luis Obispo,
California. July 9-12. pp. 409-421.
- Piao, X. and C.M. Burt. 2001. Remote Monitoring and Control — System Set-Up. Irrigation Training & Research Center, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California, USA. ITRC Report No. R 01-010. 93 pp.
- Ma, C. and X. Piao. 1999. The
Application Mode of Computer and Management in
Precision Agriculture. Proceedings of the 5th
Computer Application Joint-Academic Meeting. 12:
- Piao, X., L. Xu, and C. Ma.
1997. Application of Fuzzy Control Theory to the
Real-Time System of Soil Bin Draft Vehicle.
Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural
Engineering. Supplementary. pp. 248-252.