:: ITRC Projects ::
Advanced SCADA Short Course
A week of advanced SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) training was presented for individuals involved in specifying, operating and maintaining SCADA systems. Participants were introduced to more advanced SCADA topics and given the opportunity to test their skills in the recently completed Cal Poly electronics lab.
Participants were led through the use and installation of:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
- SCADA communications
- SCADA startup
- Troubleshooting methods
New techniques developed for this class included:
- Secure communication with the SCADA system through the Internet
- Linking cameras for water security purposes
- Demonstrating radios to make these new processes work
The new knowledge gained at the class will help make the participants better able to understand, manage, and maintain the telemetry systems that have become so important to improving the efficient use of water and power in agriculture.